LittleNerdGaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Advanced Resistance information

Go down

Advanced Resistance information Empty Advanced Resistance information

Post  Guest Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:28 pm

Information WAS taken from the Wiki but was changed as much as possible to LNG canon.

The Resistance

The Resistance is a loose, covert network of humans and Vortigaunts with the shared goal of defeating the Combine and restoring their freedom.

The Resistance has no central command structure, however, there are central figures. Eli Vance, Barney Calhoun, Arne Magnusson, Alyx Vance and Gordon Freeman are examples of Resistance leaders. The Resistance is divided into two areas: Combat and Research. Scientists such as Eli Vance command the science division, whereas leaders such as Barney Calhoun and Gordon Freeman tend to command the combat section. Gordon Freeman is a man of very high regard among Resistance members, something of a personal hero to them, due to the fact that he was able to not only survive the Black Mesa Incident (which only half a dozen people are confirmed to have survived, and even fewer confirmed to have survived the Seven Hour War), but actually put an end to it.

The core Resistance army is divided into four sections:

Resistance troops: regular resistance troopers, who are fully fledged resistance members, equipped with body armor and supplies (some are trained medics as well)

Citizen Militia: The civilian militia forces, who are citizens who have just gained weapons.

Refugees: Who are tasked with aiding the escape of civilians and fighting the Civil Protection.

The Vortigaunts: A very intelligent Xen species, who are adept at combat, and are able to use the Vortessence to spy on Combine activities.

And the fucking loyalists: Little s**t's who bug them to join and sometimes end up beaten to death. (Usually minges...)

Aside to weapons and armor, the Resistance has been seen to utilize the Hopper Mine, the Turret, the Thumper, the Rollermine, and Dr. Breen's Public address system, among others. In order to distinguish converted Combine tech, they will often be sprayed with lambda (Or other Resistance symbols.), or in the case of a turret, WWII style nose-cone shark teeth. Humanity also uses its existing technology well, scavenging and repairing radios, transmitters, receivers, T.V. Screens, cameras, computers, etc. Cars, watercraft, and structures are built by hand. Despite the Combine rule, the Resistance science teams have created weapons like the Magnusson Device and the Gravity Gun, and a teleporter smaller and more advanced than the Combine's teleporter at Nova Prospekt.

Perhaps the greatest asset to the Resistance are the Vortigaunts. The Vortigaunts, as stated above, are very wise and very well versed at combat. They are able to communicate with all Vortigaunts instantly, an asset that they use to spy on the Combine in such places like Nova Prospekt. They are seen preparing headcrab as food, and their history with Antlion husbandry could prove handy in the future. With cases like Alyx, they can bring a human back from the verge of death, as well as using ther power to activate generators and charge powered items like televisions, and even destroy Combine Bio-locks.

The Resistance was an underground movement in City 18, and possibly alerting people of inspections and raids. Outside of the city, however, the Resistance is able to make frequent offenses against the Combine, and provide itself with sufficient defense. The Resistance had taken over a vast portion of the Coast, taking major bases such as Lighthouse Point and New Little Odessa. The Resistance's lack of numbers in this area however meant that they were frequently under attack by Combine raiding parties, and they struggled to hold onto their gains.

The Resistance generally operates as a shadow movement similar to many terrorists or rebel organizations in the modern world; unable to take on the Combine Empire directly, the Resistance seeks to undermine it by strategic moves. The Resistance held several strong points in and around City 18, such as the Slums and underground.

[i]The Underground Railroad

Citizens of City 18 who choose to escape to the outer Slums, a crime infested area, have a very hard time getting there. The Slums which is subject to frequent raids by the Civil Protection force, hoping to capture or kill any unfortunate refugees, and Anti-Citizens they find.
This is why the Underground Railroad was created.

Resistance members created the Underground, a series of safehouses that help Resistance soldiers and Citizens escape to the Outlands and outer Slums, using coordinated safehouses and radios.

Resistance technology

Possessing no means to mass manufacture weapons, the Resistance doesn't have standard issue weapons like the Combine forces do. They generally scavenge weapons from the Combine, either through killing them or finding them elsewhere. The Resistance makes use of any resources they can find, often building things out of scrapped parts and making specialized equipment, such as the Crossbow and Gravity Gun, and vehicles, such as the Scout Car, the Airboat and the Muscle Car by hand. It is however imaginable that they would have access to weapons not produced by the Combine, such as the Colt Python and Annabelle, possibly left from before the Combine were in control.

History

The Resistance was formed shortly after the Seven Hour War in response to the Combine takeover. A loose band of guerrillas, outlaws and spies dedicated to overthrowing the new world order, they were unable to take on the alien empire directly. So the Resistance instead worked at undermining it by infiltrating the ranks of Civil Protection, smuggling weaponry, setting up a sophisticated underground with bases like Ravenholm, Black Mesa East and White Forest, and by helping civilians escape the Combine controlled cities.

Many of the Resistance's key members are Black Mesa Personnel who survived the Black Mesa Incident and the events that took place afterward. Other key members are former officers of pre-Seven Hour War national armies (like Colonel Odessa Cubbage) or seem to have become leaders due to useful knowledge or experience.

From its formation until the Uprising, the Resistance mostly operated underground, with safe houses, hidden bases and concealed supply caches in and around City 18. One of the few exceptions to this appears to have been the Coast, where the Resistance had sufficient strength to operate more openly, with a number bases and outposts, including Shorepoint Base, New Little Odessa, Bridge Point and Lighthouse Point, aswell inside the C18 Slums and outer areas; Operating from these positions, they regularly sparred with the Combine forces in the area. Over time, though, the Combine made significant inroads into the Coast, destroying many of the smaller outposts and condensing the spread out Resistance forces into larger groups at the main bases. Bridge Point was taken over and occupied, possibly due to the significance of the railway bridge beside it, which the Combine Razor Trains use.

While some small strikes took place against the Combine, most of the advances that the Resistance made during this time were minor; although the support they enjoyed from the citizen population was considerable, the Resistance had not the capability to attack the Combine openly.

Even despite these blows, the Resistance held together, and their hopes were gradually amplified by Resistance and it's more "advanced cousins" feats against the Combine. The resistance has shown remarkable cohesion.

Last edited by Shadowofdoubt on Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:39 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Advanced Resistance information Empty Re: Advanced Resistance information

Post  Guest Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:06 pm

Erhm...... I don't think grabbing a page off a Half Life 2 wiki applies to the server especially since it says Gordon Freeman in it at all.... who is not in the Lambda yet... or even around.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:16 pm

Noobkilla wrote:Erhm...... I don't think grabbing a page off a Half Life 2 wiki applies to the server especially since it says Gordon Freeman in it at all.... who is not in the Lambda yet... or even around.

Gordon Freeman and such was used in example of Resistance leaders, it dosent mean they apply.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:38 pm

Shadowofdoubt wrote:
Noobkilla wrote:Erhm...... I don't think grabbing a page off a Half Life 2 wiki applies to the server especially since it says Gordon Freeman in it at all.... who is not in the Lambda yet... or even around.

Gordon Freeman and such was used in example of Resistance leaders, it dosent mean they apply.

Well the larger problem is: the server depends on small, self dependant groups and gangs. We don't actually have a large lambda resistance, rather just a bunch of citizens with weapons, different beliefs, and backrounds. For this reason, it's very difficult and uneffective at most times to make a wiki that combines them all. There's more than just one group. RDA, Seal Team, whoever. Making a guide sort of just tells people that they exist and their information, which might lead up to asspull and metagame. Resistances are supposed to be covert, though this is OOC, you don't know who's going to be using it. So, do what I do. Find out ICly.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:32 pm

ParaShock wrote:
Shadowofdoubt wrote:

Well the larger problem is: the server depends on small, self dependant groups and gangs. We don't actually have a large lambda resistance, rather just a bunch of citizens with weapons, different beliefs, and backrounds. For this reason, it's very difficult and uneffective at most times to make a wiki that combines them all. There's more than just one group. RDA, Seal Team, whoever. Making a guide sort of just tells people that they exist and their information, which might lead up to asspull and metagame. Resistances are supposed to be covert, though this is OOC, you don't know who's going to be using it. So, do what I do. Find out ICly.

I could mention "Seal Team" and "RDA". One problem, they are supposed to be sectretive, even Jake dosent know the meaning of RDA.... Lol.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:26 pm

The only person who knows what RDA means is Me, and Bobnine. And a few others from the Old Old TSG, and they are not SUPPOSED to be secretive. Whatever the rebel leader thinks at the time is what happens, however there are consequences to actions. The more YOU RESISTANCE act up, the harder it's gonna be for you. That's why people such as Jake and myself tell them to stay low IC, and OOC, to keep shit from going down.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:15 pm

god damn it seal teams no longer a faction because some dickhead kept on telling everyone our identities with metagaming and all that.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:20 pm

Pandaren wrote:god damn it seal teams no longer a faction because some dickhead kept on telling everyone our identities with metagaming and all that.
SEALs are dead

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:21 pm

oh yeah and add the fact that jack kept metagaming my position and tried to say we had thermal optics. and include the two hour navy seal shootout between OTA and MPF. *that was awesome*

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:22 pm

Honestly at first they were run well.... but when they got too big and you started killing off your own members it was quite obvious it was gonna implode on itself

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:24 pm

my character had to kill the seal team because they were too social, my char was a real one, and in her days of training and learning your identity was erased, and you coulden't tell anyone what you were doing, she thought it'd go well, only to learn that it failed, she is still alive today, but never again will she ever make a seal team because people can't handle the responsibility OOC and IC.

Edit: And add the fact that some twat metagamed and somehow knew all our identities and what we were doing, (jack).

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:26 pm

Pandaren wrote:my character had to kill the seal team because they were too social, my char was a real one, and in her days of training and learning your identity was erased, and you coulden't tell anyone what you were doing, she thought it'd go well, only to learn that it failed, she is still alive today, but never again will she ever make a seal team because people can't handle the responsibility OOC and IC.

Edit: And add the fact that some twat metagamed and somehow knew all our identities and what we were doing, (jack).

Because people are stupid :3

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:28 pm

but in other words i think when CW is released, everyone including MPF should start fresh and so will my char, because last time we had guns everywhere and all that.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:30 pm

Agreed, except for MPF people should keep MPF ranks

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:34 pm

I disagree with the Rank thing, maybe if your a good RPER And your 01+ you should, but you should keep the MPF whitelist.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:36 pm

Pandaren wrote:I disagree with the Rank thing, maybe if your a good RPER And your 01+ you should, but you should keep the MPF whitelist.
Nop I need to keep mah EpU :3

Back to top Go down

Post  ZeMysticalTaco Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:50 pm

Noobkilla wrote:Agreed, except for MPF people should keep MPF ranks

No, this isn't how it's going to happen, the way I see it, Blackei is selecting people to be MPF and 3 of them to be Dagger, After everybody is assigned a rank .etc we're going to open applications, same applies for OTA except no Apps.

ZeMysticalTaco
Web Developer
Web Developer

https://retaliationgaming.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down