LittleNerdGaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vortigaunt Basic Information, and ranks!

Go down

Vortigaunt Basic Information, and ranks! Empty Vortigaunt Basic Information, and ranks!

Post  Guest Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:23 pm

25% Of the credit goes to GentleLadies!
0.1% To me for uploading here!

Rest goes to Jack...

Vortigaunt Basic Information/Ranks
-=Vortessence=-
Vortessence is a type of energy which vortigaunts posess. The vortessence allows vortigaunt to heal, wound, and even kill another being.

Healing Aura:
The Healing Aura is a orb a vortigaunt can create from the palm of his/her hand. Its properties enable the user to heal himself or another being. However, it will weaken the user depending on how critical the user or wounded is. It cannot be used to avoid a PK.

Fluxshifting
Fluxshifting enables a vortigaunt to speak with another vortigaunt using his or her mind. This can be from short distances to long ranges of 100 miles. However, this cannot be used on humans. Fluxshifting enables the speaker to talk to other Xen creatures such as the antilion. Though the headcrab is not the smartest of creatures, it still can be talked to.

Lightning
Vortigaunts can send a bolt of green lightning into another being. This can seriously wound or kill the target, even with armor on. This green lightning emits from the vortigaunt's palm and flies to its target under 90.3 mili.Seconds. Fortunately, the vortigaunts do not tend to use it unless severely threatened.

Aura (Standard)
Vortigaunts can make a simple aura. This aura is harmless, and can be transformed into whatever the maker desires. This is hwo a vortiguant can 'make' entertainment.
Vortessence Restrictions

Vortigaunts must LEARN how to contol and use their vortessence. As a matter of organization, the vortigaunts developed a ranking system to help teachers know what a vortigaunt knows.

Youngling
These are your fresh-from-the-shackle vortigaunts, they will be learning or will be re-taught how to use and control the vortessence.
Note: If your character backstory contains your character being in a specific rank, and your character was not RP'd brainwashed, please do a /roll infront of an admin. Once you get your first result, take a picture of it and send it to both founders and the Vortigaunt Director. Please ensure you state what admin watched you perform the /roll so we can verify. If you are caught lieing, your whitelist will be removed and you will be blacklisted for two weeks.

Student
These vortigaunts have begun learning about the vortessence. They are have knowledge of how to Fluxshift, and will work on the Standard aura.

Scholar
These vortigaunts are a third from completeing their journey of the vortessence. They have mastered how to Fluxshift, and have knowledge of how to use the Standard Aura. They will be working on the healing aura.

Healer
These vortigaunts are a half from completing their journey of mastering the vortessence. They have mastered how to fluxshift, how to use the Standard the aura, and now have knowledge of how to heal others. They will be working on how to heal critical wounds and themselfs.

Warrior
These vortigaunts are nearly done with completing their journey of mastering the vortessence. They have mastered how to Fluxshift, how to use the Standard aura, and how to heal not only others, but themselfs. They will be working on how to produce lightning from their palms.

Sage
These vortigaunts have completed their journey of mastering the vortessence. They have knowledge of how to use all acts of the vortessence, and have naturally gained knowledge of how to become transparant.

Elder
These vortigaunts are generally the teachers of the vortessence. They are usually seen teaching or leading younger vortigaunts. They are as powerful as the Sage.
Hero
This vortigaunt has obtained his rank by performing a heroic task. This specific rank can only be given by the grand elder himself. When a vortigaunt is given the rank, he/she will be apart of a religious ceremony which involves the Grand Elder marking the Hero and "giving him strength" in the vortessence. Beleived to be an angle, the Hero is next to become the grand elder.

Grand Elder
This vortigaunt is the leader of all vortigaunts. Beleived to be a god, he is the most powerful weilder of the vortessence.

The Herectics
Herectics are a type of vortigaunt who turned their back on their kind. Herecy first started during the Nilitah's rule, and got violent during the combine's rule. If you have played Half-Life lore, you could see that vortigaunts were helping the combine. Most of these vortigaunts were herectics, and some were vortigaunts forced to help. After Black Mesa, the Herectics who proven themselfs in battle became warriors and medics for the combine. The Vortigaunts forced to help the combine were enslaved and sent to a city for janatorial duty.

The vortessence within a Herectic can be strong, moderate, or weak depending on when the Herectic joined the combine. If the Herectic just finished learning how to use and control the vortssence, it will be moderate. After a few years, his/her vortessence will be weak. If the Herectic learned about how to use and control the vortessence in the past, it could stay strong or stay moderate. It is highly unlikely that one single Herectic could surpass a vortigaunt as strong as the elder himself. Fortunately, the Herectic could bring others to help take down the elder if they wish to.

Once a vortigaunt is a Herectic, he/she will begin to loose knowledge of their vortal tongue. Some combine biologists believe that if a vortigaunt does not use their home language much, he/she will begin to 'forget' it. However, others suggest that they loose their native language due to some sort of connection between the Herectic and the vortessence. This is very unlikely, though the Vortessence is a religious element, it is also a biological element.

Non-Herectics can somehow sense a Herectic just by looking at them. Some combine Biologists believe that once a vortigaunt turns out to become a Herectic, their vortessence will begin to turn faulty. Think of a straight line, that is the vortessence. Now think of a very wavy and unstable line, that is the Vortessence with a Herectic as its host. This can be detectable by only vortigaunts, with or without knowledge of the vortessence.

Two types of vortessence are ensured to be retained: the healing aura and the Standard aura. The other types may or may not be retained, there is a 50/50 chance that a Herectic can keep the types of vortessence over a long amount of time.

Last edited by Shadowofdoubt on Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:49 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Vortigaunt Basic Information, and ranks! Empty Re: Vortigaunt Basic Information, and ranks!

Post  Guest Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:27 am

No. 75% Goes to Jack, and 25% Goes to me. None of it goes to you. You did not edit, create, or even ask me about uploading it. Jack and I could've patented it, and got you sued. Do not take credit for something that IS NOT YOURS.

Back to top Go down

Vortigaunt Basic Information, and ranks! Empty Re: Vortigaunt Basic Information, and ranks!

Post  Guest Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:48 pm

Did I at ANY stage say it was MINE? No. The 0.1% credit I tookj was uploading it here, if you notice i also said the credits it goes to. The fact it didnt say anything at all about Jack, on TSG is not my problem.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:30 pm

5% To me for uploading here! 95% Goes to GentleLadies!

You did take credit. You have no reason to take Credit for mine/Jack's work, I would suggest you remove your .1 percent.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Nov 23, 2012 5:53 pm

Could you post some REAL proof to show I STOLE anybody work? I have given you and Jack credit, I have in no way shape or form taken credit for making it. The most I did do to it was correct some tiny spelling mistake (s)

You can also not provide any real evidence of my 'taking' credit for your's and Jack's work.

As a Senior Admin you should know the difference between 'stealing' your's and others work. I have given you and Jack the credit, the only 0.1% was taking the time to put it here, since you never came round to doing it yourself.

Is see no reason 0.1% is not reasonable, as I took my OWN time to do something you didn't.

It also seems in the time space I by myself has done more for the LNG community than what you have done in your time as 'Senior' Admin!

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Nov 23, 2012 6:38 pm

Shadowofdoubt wrote:Could you post some REAL proof to show I STOLE anybody work? I have given you and Jack credit, I have in no way shape or form taken credit for making it. The most I did do to it was correct some tiny spelling mistake (s)

You can also not provide any real evidence of my 'taking' credit for your's and Jack's work.

As a Senior Admin you should know the difference between 'stealing' your's and others work. I have given you and Jack the credit, the only 0.1% was taking the time to put it here, since you never came round to doing it yourself.

Is see no reason 0.1% is not reasonable, as I took my OWN time to do something you didn't.

It also seems in the time space I by myself has done more for the LNG community than what you have done in your time as 'Senior' Admin!

The proof is what you just posted. This was originally Jack and Gentleladies's work, yet you posted it here without their permission or say. He didn't say anything about stealing their work, more as that you're taking credit for what they made. If I was in the same situation as you are, I would've taken the thread down as soon as the original authors had a problem with it. Sure, publishers in game companies take some credit, but the actual content is credited to the company that initially made it. It was your fault that you had posted this without consent and you take credit for it. He could've took his own time to do the same, you just did it for him.

By the last statement, you'll be pushing daisies. I mean absolutely no offense when I mean this: factually, all you have done mostly consists of work from other sites or authors. Very little of it is yours. He's been in administrator meetings, changed rules, addressed problems. Please, watch your tone and your tongue.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:50 pm

Ok, fine.... I give up trying to help... Get ride of this. Just delete it...

All I thought by doing this was to make things easier, also Gentle I couldnt ask you as you wernt on my friends list...

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:25 pm

Shadowofdoubt wrote:Ok, fine.... I give up trying to help... Get ride of this. Just delete it...

All I thought by doing this was to make things easier, also Gentle I couldnt ask you as you wernt on my friends list...

It's alright, all is forgiven. We understand that you are a loyal player and we appreciate you have taken steps to prove that you can do more than just play.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Nov 24, 2012 3:16 am

The only thing I had a problem with was you taking credit, otherwise it's fine, but make sure to ask before posting/spreading someone else's work next time.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Nov 24, 2012 3:18 am

Shadowofdoubt wrote:
Please don't turn yourself into one of those players that gets hated by me. That doesn't end very well.

Back to top Go down

Post  ZeMysticalTaco Sat Nov 24, 2012 4:02 am

All of you stop before I send every single One of you in the corner, It's always you guys fighting it makes me cry ;-;

ZeMysticalTaco
Web Developer
Web Developer

https://retaliationgaming.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down